Entryway doors are the focal point of any home, and it’s typically the first thing neighbors and guests will notice. While the overall appearance of a front door is a critical factor for many homeowners, what’s more important is the security it adds to your home. Steel doors are some of the strongest, longest-lasting products on the market. New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. serves Northern New Jersey and the surrounding areas, providing residents with quality, high-end front entrances and other products. Learn more about our process and our vast selection of steel doors.
How Our Steel Doors Are Created
Steel doors provide homeowners with a durable entrance that’s built to last. What makes steel doors effective is how they are constructed. Our products are crafted through the following process:
- With an emphasis on heavy-duty materials, our doors begin with 16 gauge, hot-rolled metal that’s steel-cut to the precise length for assembly.
- Our doors are elegantly crafted to feature beautiful designs through punching, drilling, rolling, and twisting processes.
- To increase stability and strength, all corners and steel joints are then welded at over 1,000°F to create a solid piece of metal.
- Next, joints are ground down by hand, using three different abrasion levels, until they are smooth to the touch.
- Before our doors are finished, they undergo a five-stage wash system where they are degreased and rinsed.
- Every door is applied with an electric ground to hold the polyester powder coating before entering the oven.
- Once in the oven, the door is heated to 425°F for 25 minutes, allowing the powder coating to fuse onto the metal surface.
- The void in the door slab is then filled with an expanding insulating foam, to ensure energy efficiency for the final product.
- Doors then begin to be assembled. They’re outfitted with custom hardware, glass, screen, and framing. They also are thoroughly inspected for quality insurance.
- After each door has passed final inspections, they are securely wrapped and loaded for delivery.
- Finally, doors are installed and put on display for everyone to admire their beautiful craftsmanship.
Added Safety Features
Steel doors need to have top-tier safety features to provide home security. All our steel doors from New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. come standard with the following:
- Extra-strength steel frame: Crafted with heavy-duty, 2-inch steel, our metal doors feature all-welded door frame construction. A lifetime warranty is included.
- Tempered safety glass: Stronger than standard glass, tempered safety glass offers pristine clarity without compromising security.
- Superior hinge design: The three hinges are made with 7-inch forged steel and non-removable screws.
- Powder-coat finish: Designed to outperform standard liquid paint, the powder coating guards against fading, cracking, chipping, and corrosion in the elements.
- Brass strike plate: A factory-mounted brass strike plate integrated with a steel dust box provides enhanced strength.
- Heavy-duty locking system: Available in polished brass, antique brass, and brushed chrome, the locking system features a strong deadbolt with a 1-inch throw.
- Vault pins: Located behind the top and bottom hinges, these vault pins are installed to provide additional security.
Our Selection of Steel Doors
To offer elegant and functional products that fit everyone’s tastes, the New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. selection of steel doors comes in various styles and hardware options. Customers can choose from the following:
The Classic Series
The quintessential steel door, the Classic Series features traditional designs with modern-day safety features. Customers can choose from a variety of colors and detailing options to create a design that matches their home’s unique aesthetic.
The Clear-View Series
Maximize your view while still enjoying the security features of a steel door. The Clear-View Series is a collection of steel doors that allows you to choose between all-glass products or options that feature intricate designs that can add to your home’s charm.
The Laser Art Series
Bring a touch of flair to your home with the Laser Art Series. These steel doors are created with eye-catching designs that are sure to make your front porch or entryway pop.
Protect Your Home With Heavy-Duty Steel Doors
Balance security with longevity by installing a heavy-duty steel door from New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. For over 20 years, our family-owned business has provided residents across North Jersey communities with quality products. For more information about our steel doors or home improvement financing options we offer, contact us today.