Commonly installed as a preventative measure against bad weather, a storm door is an additional layer of protection for an entryway. It also allows for better ventilation of your home and improves overall energy efficiency. New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. has been providing premium storm doors made of durable materials in northern New Jersey and the surrounding areas for over 20 years. Our selection features various styles, colors, designs, and hardware, ensuring you can find the perfect door for your home.
What Is the Purpose of a Storm Door?
While their name suggests rough weather protection, storm doors also serve several other purposes. For example, they enable additional natural light to flow through your home on sunny days. If you have small children, you can allow them to play outside while you watch to monitor their safety. You may also consider installing a storm door for aesthetic reasons, as it enhances the curb appeal of your property.
Another purpose of storm doors is to improve the efficiency of your home by adding extra insulation against air leaks. Storm doors keep the warm air in and cold air out during the winter months and vice versa during the summer. Additionally, a storm door will safeguard your main entryway door from being damaged by rain, ice, snow, hail, and other poor weather conditions.
Storm Door Features
Storm doors need enduring construction to withstand Mother Nature. The sleek-looking exterior doors at New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. feature the following characteristics, indicating their lasting structure:
- Arc welded corners: Our storm doors have welded corners for enhanced strength. This aspect distinguishes them from doors held together by screws that may loosen over time.
- Strong pocket hinges: Connecting the door to the frame, our unique pocket hinges are self-lubricating and maintenance-free.
- Heavy-gauge aluminum construction: Able to take a beating and resist dents, our storm doors consist of 1¼-inch-thick heavy-gauge aluminum.
- Cove molded frame: Beauty meets functionality with our doors thanks to the cove molded framing.
- Tempered safety glass: Three times stronger than regular glass, the heat-tempered safety glass we use on our storm doors provides a durable and clear weather shield.
- Non-glare fiberglass screen: Gaze outside without noticing a glare from the sun with the dent-resistant and puncture-free fiberglass screen.
- Heavy-duty closing system: Our sturdy closing system allows your storm door to shut and latch effortlessly for added security.
Our Selection of Storm Doors
To help you find the exterior door, part of our process includes locating the best style, color, and hardware for your home’s appearance. Varieties to choose from include:
The Bay View Collection
These beautifully designed storm doors not only add style and elegance to your home but protection, as well. Additionally, powered-coated finishes make them more resilient than other storm doors on the market.
Entry Shield Series
Entry Shield Series storm doors come with aluminum kick panels that are 56% heavier than standard doors. This added thickness makes your storm door more durable and better equipped to handle damage. Customers will appreciate the contour panel dividers these doors feature as they provide a classy look.
Hardware and Color Options
At New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc., you can completely customize the look of your exterior door. That includes selecting its hardware, style, and color. Customers have the following options to consider:
- Standard-Albany Lift (black and white)
- Mortise lock and deadbolt (bright brass, oil rubbed bronze, and satin nickel)
- Brookfield lock and key deadbolt (black, white, oil rubbed bronze, bright brass, satin nickel, antique brass)
Add a Storm Door to Your Home Today
If you are looking for a stylish way to increase the protection of your home, a storm door is an excellent addition. For over two decades, the family-owned business of New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. has been providing homes in the northern New Jersey area with quality storm doors made from top-of-the-line materials. Contact us today for more information about our replacement doors and financing options.