Although not the most exciting room in your home, attics serve an important purpose. They provide a large mass of slowly moving air to help control temperatures in your house and keep you comfortable. One crucial component that helps buffer extreme heat and cold from the outside is attic insulation. Even though insulation is made to last, it’s a good idea to examine it periodically. The extremes of seasonal weather cause the insulation to deteriorate, and this damaged or missing insulation can quickly become a wellspring of issues for your home. Aside from the drafts that are a direct result of damaged insulation, the space in between is the perfect spot for moisture and water to accumulate, which could cause water damage, mold, and mildew over time. That’s why the team at New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc., offers professional attic insulation services for homeowners across Northern New Jersey.
The Benefits of Insulating Your Attic
Damaged or missing attic insulation is one of the biggest reasons attributed to rising energy costs. Whether it’s the humid summer months or the dry, frigid air of winter, a poorly insulated attic is costing you money. Most houses in New Jersey had very little insulation installed when they were first built.
Proper attic insulation also has a direct impact on the air quality of your home and the health of your family. When mold and mildew start to grow in an attic space, the quality of the air in the entire home is compromised. This can lead to health problems, including coughing, itchy eyes, and other symptoms that will make you miserable. For asthma sufferers, mold and mildew can be especially dangerous and cause coughing, wheezing, and chest tightness. The benefits of professional attic insulation are more than monetary – they can positively impact the health of your family.
Understanding Attic Heat Flow
There are three kinds of heat flow in an attic that can lead to a hot house in the summer and a cold one in the winter:
- Conductive: The heat is being held and passed through solid objects in and around the house, which can lead to overheating.
- Convective: This is similar to a conductive heat flow but refers to cold air, water, and moisture and causes ice dams, which can run along the edge of your roof during the winter months.
- Radiation: This heat flow is directly related to sunlight. On especially hot days, the heat from the sun radiates through the roof and penetrates the attic space, especially if you have traditional dark asphalt shingles.
Professional Attic Insulation for North Jersey
A well-insulated attic is crucial for an energy-efficient home. That’s why New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc., is proud to offer its exclusive eShield Perfect Attic Insulation System. After you set up a free in-home consultation with one of our consultants, here’s how the installation process works:
- We blow in 100% recycled, formaldehyde-free fiberglass insulation.
- Once the insulation is in place, a multi-layer aluminum sheet from the attic radiant barrier is placed over the rafters to reflect any radiant heat coming in from the roof.
The eShield Perfect Attic Insulation System will produce results almost immediately as the attic radiant barrier reflects up to 97% of radiant heat.
Call New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc., for a Free Consultation
It’s easy to forget about attic insulation, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be taken care of. For a professional, state-of-the-art installation, contact New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc., which proudly serves homeowners across Northern New Jersey.