A storm door helps protect an entry door and your home from harsh weather, insects, and more. At the same time, choosing a storm door with a screen allows you to bring in fresh air from outside and lower utility bills when it’s not quite hot enough to turn on the air conditioning. If your storm door or screen door has been damaged, you’ll want to replace it before warmer weather and refreshing spring and summertime breezes arrive. How can you know when it’s time, and how should you choose a replacement? Here, New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc., explains how to tell when screen or storm door replacement is needed and what you should do when it’s time to replace yours.
Signs Your Screen Door Needs to Be Replaced
Sometimes the need for a screen door replacement is obvious. In other situations, the signs may not be so clear. If there is only minor damage to the screen itself, a repair kit may be your best option. However, if you notice any of these issues, it’s time to contact a home improvement company about replacement:
- Visible damage to the door itself, such as holes, dents, cracks, or chips
- Rust or corrosion has spread over the door
- Warping or damage has created gaps around the screen
- Door that no longer closes securely and blows open when winds are high
- Door that sticks when opening, forcing you to yank the handle
- A broken or hard-to-use lock
- Fading or yellowing
You might also consider replacing your screen door if it no longer meets your needs. For example, a dated door can diminish curb appeal and make your home’s entrance less attractive.
How to Replace Your Screen Door
There are many places to purchase a screen door replacement, but most homeowners find the best experience with a trusted home improvement company like New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. Not only will you find a wide assortment of screen doors and storm doors to suit your preferences and the aesthetic of your entryway, but you’ll also benefit from experienced installers who can ensure your new door is secure, sturdy, and ready to deliver years of service.
You should also consider any special features that could make your door even more useful. Our storm doors are available with several types of enhanced screens, including:
- Heavy-duty pet screen: These screens are built strong to withstand tears and punctures due to active cats and dogs.
- Non-glare screen: If your door is on a side of the home that receives intense sunlight during the day, a non-glare screen offers a matte finish and a clear view plus added durability.
- Clearly Better Invisible screen: Made with a high-tech fiber, these screens provide optimal pest control while remaining nearly invisible for an unobstructed view of your street, yard, or outdoor entertaining area.
New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc., proudly offers these options in high-quality, welded aluminum storm doors from HGI Doors & Windows. And because we understand how challenging it can be to choose the best screen door replacement for your home, our experienced team is always available to offer guidance.
Learn More About Screen Door Replacement
Are you ready to upgrade your home’s entryway with a new screen door or storm door? If so, contact New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. We’ve helped countless Northern New Jersey homeowners with trusted storm door replacement services and other top-quality doors for more than 20 years. To speak with a friendly member of our team, call 973-895-1113 today.