Affordable Genuine Slate Roofing
Slate. It’s the most beautiful and durable roofing material known to man. For centuries, it’s been the roofing material of choice for the world’s greatest buildings. In fact, some slate roofs have lasted for literally hundreds of years, enduring all of the ravages that Mother Nature could throw at them.
And, oh yes, slate roofs are heavy— and expensive— putting them out of the reach of most property owners.
The TruSlate® system from GAF can make your dream of owning a genuine slate roof a reality. The TruSlate® system features:
- Real hand-split quarried slate (not a synthetic imitation)
- An affordable luxury (often comparable to the cost of the cheap-looking imitations)
- Perfect for new construction or remodeling (because it typically eliminates the expensive structural modifications that old-fashioned slate requires)
- Improves your home's resale value (and may even help you to sell it more quickly)
How did GAF do it?
On an old-fashioned slate roof, half of each slate is never seen, because it’s tucked under the piece above it. GAF has replaced this wasted slate with a high-tech waterproofing material. With this ingenious design, the TruSlate® system can be installed on almost any roof.
It goes without saying, before you select your next roofing system, you owe it to yourself to consider the advantages of a TruSlate® roof.
In fact, why even consider a plastic imitation, when you can get the real thing for about the same price—and for only a fraction of the cost of old-fashioned slate?
- Revolutionary color technology combines Luran® S ASA, BASF’s premium color-fast thermoplastic, with Royal’s innovative RoyalsideTM Compound and Dura TechnologyTM Process
- Provides industry leading UV resistance and fade protection
- Weatherable thermoplastic blocks out the sun to protect dark colors, providing homeowners with a wider color selection